Saturday, November 15, 2008

INSIGHT AT THE SALON

Got a quick haircut this morning and heard from the woman cutting my hair that they were getting a lot of business from people doing what I was going - getting tidied up for upcoming job interviews, the apprehension of which was one reason why I stayed in one place for so long. Job interviews are the grown-up's version of Picture Day at school, and if you've seen my profile photo you know that even after all those years I'm still one of the unfortunates whose suit wears them rather than the correct way around. And always there is something itching in a place that can't be reached, at least not during an interview.

Long as the heat in the interview room isn't cranked, I hope to be able to avoid the imagined cascades of sweat of which thousands of deodorant commercials have been made over the years.

No comments: