Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ANOTHER ONE RIDES THE BUS

We are up to THREE followers now. Everybody say hi to "Red Chapel", who apparently hails from Marlboro and wishes to hang on my every word.

Lawdy, it's great to have you all here.

Today there's not a lot of job-searching going on. It's my first full day flying solo with the kids, and I want to get that part right before I start in waxing idiotic on how my paradigm-shifting branding initiatives can help my prospective employer cashflow their maximized next-generation corporate 2.0 hommina hommina hommina hommina.

Phew. I can't talk buzzword. It would appear my only hope is to be rescued by a business who won't mind a company newsletter that reads like a low-rent P.J. O'Rourke imitation.

So today it's putting Noodle on the bus to school, a moment to scoot over to Village Hall for the vote, and spending the rest of the day initiating Beast in the manly arts. Already he knows five different words for "vomit", having seen our genius cat Herman repeatedly eat and regurgitate leaves we've tracked into the house.

(And just how many job-search blogs do you think have tags for "vomit"? I maintain that this is the first. We break new ground again!)

One would think that a cat who had an unpleasant digestive encounter caused by leaf-eating would forgo any further leaf-eating, but this is Herman we're dealing with. Once more into the breach, dear feline friend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The short bus? Oh, no!